Moms have a lot of stuff in their lives to manage. We take care of children, cook, clean, do laundry, and see that everyone makes to where they are scheduled to be. Some moms have to balance all this with a working career outside the home as well. But all of us have those days where we need to get a hot food on the table ASAP. This is when a recipe like Fast & Easy Barbecued Chicken Biscuits comes in handy. It uses some pre-packaged ingredients to speed up the dinner prep. Obviously, home-cooking completely from scratch might be healthier, but we will all have that moment where we are stressed, tired, and out of time.
I was inspired to concoct this recipe together last week. My inspiration came from Taste of Home’s Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins and other similar recipes. I was pleased with how well the taste turned out. My husband liked the flavor also. And my oldest child ate more than one.
Fast & Easy Barbecued Chicken Biscuits only require 4 ingredients! For those of you who don’t enjoy cooking, that’s probably great news! I like to shop at Aldi Grocery Store, and most of my ingredients came from there. And honestly, you could purchase everything there, as long as you used a different barbecue sauce than what I did.
Here’s a list of the ingredients that I used. These are as follows: a tube of buttermilk biscuits, a 12.5 oz can of chunk chicken breast, a bottle of barbeque sauce, and a blend of finely-shredded Mexican style cheese.
Making The Biscuits
First, I grabbed a muffin tin and sprayed it with non-stick cooking spray. Then I pre-heated the oven to 400* or whatever temperature is recommended on the canned biscuits.
The next step was to open the canned biscuits, and separate them into the individual biscuits. I tried to make them flat and spread them up the sides of the muffin tins. One biscuit per each muffin cup. I used a 10-count biscuit tube.
To make the filling, I drained the excess liquid from the canned chicken. Then I dumped it into a separate bowl, and broke the chunks into smaller pieces. I added around 1/4- 1/2 cup of Sticky Fingers Smokehouse Memphis Original Barbecue sauce. It was quick and easy to combine the two ingredients. With a spoon, I evenly portioned this filling out between the 10 biscuits.
The last thing I did was to top each biscuit with a sprinkling of cheese. Go ahead, and be generous if you will. No precision required in this step for sure.
Baking And Serving
Then I popped the muffin tin in the oven. It only took about 13 minutes, and the barbecued chicken biscuits were done baking. The cheese should be melted completely, and the biscuits lightly browned on the edges. They can be served directly from the muffin tin or placed on a wire rack to cool slightly.
Of course you may want to serve them with a side dish of some sorts. I used some sweet corn I had frozen this past summer. While the biscuits are baking, I suggest re-heating the corn on the stove. Or even easier, grab some baby carrots out of the fridge and serve those with ranch dip. Ranch dressing is popular at our house.
I hope you enjoy my Fast & Easy Barbecued Chicken Biscuits some night when you need that fast dinner idea! If you want to share a similar idea, leave it in the comments below.
- 1 tube of canned buttermilk biscuits 10-count
- 1 12.5 oz can of chunk chicken breast
- ¼ cup approximately of Sticky Fingers Smokehouse Memphis Original barbecue sauce
- Finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400* or temperature on canned biscuits.
- Open canned biscuits and separate each individually.
- Flatten biscuits and place one per muffin tin cup. Spread biscuits up the sides of the cup.
- Drain excess liquid from canned chicken and break into small pieces.
- Mix together the chicken and barbecue sauce.
- With a spoon divide filling mixture equally between the individual muffin cups.
- Top each biscuit with a generous sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 13 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and biscuits lightly browned.